With over 10 years of experience working on the NOW platform, I have strong experience in delivering customer outcomes by optimally leveraging platform capabilities and aligning them with business initiatives.
Since Aspen till now, I have worked with customers as an individual consultant as well as being part of various partner organizations.
- Experience with multi-instance setup.
- Instance hardening.
- Domain separation implementation from scratch and in the existing environment.
- Data management for CMDB and other requirements.
- Data sovereignty and regulations considerations.
- Planning and implementation of platform core capabilities.
- Overarching technical architecture and standardization.
- User Management and Access Controls
- Consolidating integration requirements and implementing standardized interfaces.
- Creation of Technical Design Documents.
Scratch Implementations/Legacy Migrations
- Worked with multiple customers to implement and migrate ITSM processes from legacy tools to the NOW platform.
- Customer onboarding on domain-separated MSP instances.
- Experience in process requirement gathering.
- Implementation of interprocess triggers and integrations.
- Role-based access control management.
- Enhancements based on a consolidation of the multi-domain service catalog.
- Revamped complex ACL requirement matrix by using a logic-driven approach instead of a data-driven one.
- Refactored multiple UI components and Service Portal widgets for performance improvements.
- Implementation of additional and custom change types in Change Management process workflow.
- Optimally leveraged server and client-side scripting for absolute customizations.
- Hands-on experience with NodeJS.
Custom Application Development
- Specific expertise in custom scoped application development on the NOW platform.
- Led discussions in the requirement gathering workshops to create the initial draft of the application design.
- Experience with creating a custom cloud provisioner/orchestrator within ServiceNow (as a POC).
- Developed and certified multiple products on ServiceNow Store for various customers.
- Created and contributed to a few Share utilities.
- Vast experience in 3rd party single and bi-direction integrations.
- Data transformation using import sets.
- Types of integrations implemented - LDAP, Inbound Email, SOAP, REST, Integration Hub & Flow Designer Actions, etc.
- Implemented Certificate based mutual authentication for secure transfer of data.
- Created 3rd party API for consumption from the NOW platform, to interpret and present real-time financial reporting data.
- Successfully led the data-driven workflows initiative in multiple projects.
- Specific expertise in designing a data model to enable pseudo admin users to make the required impact on process changes.
- Developed Role-based access control for the data model.
- Vast experience in automation using scheduled and event-based approaches.
- Implemented workflows and flow designer flows to tackle multiple process automation requirements.
- Leveraged external integration capabilities using MID servers, to trigger automatic orchestration activities.
- Leveraged internal platform capabilities like script actions, scheduled jobs, and Glide API to optimize and automate process states.
- UX intuitive approach towards enhancing process automation.
- Led the PoC on the event-based discovery of cloud CIs using IoT-based protocols like AMQP and MQTT.
- Implemented cloud management custom application using Terraform capabilities.
- Led UI based process support for root cause analysis using 5-Why methodology.
- Contributed to multiple design discussions, and mentored various teams.
Business Process Management
- Experience in implementing ITSM processes for multiple customers.
- Requirement gathering and design of process flow.
- Gap identification with respect to OOB NOW capabilities.
- Led a number of squads responsible for deliveries of various projects related to ITSM, ITOM, Custom Integrations, Data Management, UI/UX, etc.
- Mentored many colleagues to help them scale their ServiceNow skills.
- Delivered user training.
- Conducted technical interviews of many junior (developers) and senior (architects) candidates.
ServiceNow CIS - ITSM